Vintage to Lux, Bar Cart Re-Do

Hello Everyone! After a long over due space upgrade on my blog, I’m able to get back to posting again. Although it won’t always be as often as I did a couple of years ago…but probably just enough to keep up-to-date my digital diary. Admittedly I’ve been obsessing over Instagram and sometimes posting up to four photos a day. YIKES! Have you been following my obsession and took note of the name change? Anyways, if you haven’t you can check it out here.

Today, I would like to share my bar cart update! The brass was looking a little outdated with my current tastes. Where the style around our flat was void of anything resembling gold or having been adorned with gold accents.

I began looking at that lifeless bar cart as a dull piece of furniture which lacked the cohesiveness I’ve been trying to settle comfortably with. Eventually I became so fed with it that I ended up storing it away in our buildings cave, en francais. Out of sight and out of mind right? Wrong! Although this bar cart was out of sight, it was never far from the back of my mind. I love the functionality and the overall look in which it presented, just not entirely in its originality. All this piece needed was a minor update that would harmonise a modern and glamorised look to our flat.

Using two bottles of basic black matt spray paint with primer all ready mixed in, this DIY project can be a simple task for anyone. If you decide to try it, I hope you’ll love the black matt look as much I do!

Before in Brassiness

Before in brass.

For smooth surface, be sure to strip away dirt&debris

For a smoother surface, be sure to strip away dirt&debris.

Be sure to overlap the tape overlap so that paint can't won't reach the glass.

Be sure to overlap the tape overlap so that paint can’t won’t reach the glass.

Using flexible painters tape, I covered up the black glass.

Using flexible painters tape, I covered up the black glass.

My 1st coat. I intended to tape the wheels but I found that even though I was using flexible painters tape, keeping the round edges in line was too difficult.

My 1st coat. I intended to tape the wheels but I found that even though I was using flexible painters tape, keeping the round edges in line was too difficult.

I've worked every angle..

Spraying at every angle.

Second coat of paint and not regretting the to paint the rubber wheels.

Second coat of paint and not regretting the to paint the rubber wheels.

Time for a dry! I let the cart air-dry for about 2 hours before bringing it inside.

Time for a dry! I let the cart air-dry for about 2 hours before bringing it inside.

All finished! I displayed a modest collection of alcohol for this photo. it looks nothing like that today!

All finished! I displayed a modest collection of alcohol for this photo. it looks nothing like that today!

 

 

Advertisements